Hey guys! Here is the teaching for this afternoon. This is a teaching of parables and Jesus reveals to His disciples how the world will end.
When they arrived in Jerusalem in the temple courts Jesus began to teach everyone in the temple courts and while in the temple courts the teachers of the law attempted to trick Jesus with their many questions.
📖 Read Mark 11:27 – 13:37
📖Mark 11:27-33 the authority of Jesus is questioned.
When Jesus was questioned, He questioned them back and left them without an answer. You see the religious teachers did not want to accept the authority of Jesus and the power that He had.
❓Has Jesus got authority over your life?
📖 Read Mark 12:13-14 The religious leaders try to trap Jesus about paying Tax
The Roman Empire🏦 had been oppressing the Jewish nation for a long time. And so they tried to trap Jesus by asking Him of they should pay tax💰. Jesus took one of the coins which had Casers face on it. He replied by saying ‘pay Caesar what you owe him and pay God what you owe Him.’ Even the Jews were receiving services from the Roman Empire and therefore needed to pay what was due to them.
Read Mark 12:18-27 Will there be marriage in heaven?
In Jewish custom when your brother died and he had a wife you were allowed to marry her. 👰🏻🤵🏽The religious teachers were asking, when she dies who will be her husband. And Jesus replied that when we are resurrected we will no longer be married nor will there be any marriage in heaven because we will be like the angels. 😇
Mark 12:28-34 The greatest commandment
Again the religious leaders questioned Jesus asking Him which is the greatest of the commandments. Jesus summed it up perfectly that we must love the Lord our God will all your heart❤️, our soul, mind 🧠 and strength 💪🏽 and the second is to love your neighbour as you love yourself 💑. When we love God with everything we have nothing will ever come before Him and we will want to obey Him. When we love people we won’t treat them badly or hurt them. This is a summary of the 10 commandments.
Mark 13:1-37 Signs of the end of the world
· The “beginning of birth pains”
· False Christs – performing miracles
· War and rumours of war
· Enmity between nations and kingdoms
· Environmental - Famine
· Natural disasters – Earthquakes
· The “abomination that causes desolation” sets himself up as God
· Persecution of Christians
· Hatred of Christians
· Falling away from the faith and betrayal of Christians
· False prophets and religious deception – performing miracles
· Increase of wickedness – love of many will grow cold
· Many will be saved
· Gospel will be preached throughout the world
· Great upheaval in planets and stars
· Luk 21:25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Luk 21:26 Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
· Mat 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days "'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'
Sudden return of Jesus
How he will return:
Act 1:9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. Act 1:10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. Act 1:11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."
Choose a memory verse and put it up as your status to encourage others during this lock down.
Close in prayer